Edie


"I went to a party once, and there was a palm reader there and when she looked at my hand, she just froze. And I said to her "I know. My lifeline is broken. I know I won't live past thirty."

"I can't take it anymore. I want to die."

"To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sipping vodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas."

"I wonder if people are going to remember us?"

"Speed is the ultimate, all time high. That first rush. Wow! Just that burning, searing, soaring sense of perfection. There's no way to explain it unless you've been through it. There's no way to tell anyone who hasn't tasted it. I'd like to turn the whole world on just for a moment... just for a moment. I'm greedy. I'd like to keep most of it for myself and a few others, a few of my friends. Keep that superlative high just on the cusp of each day so that I radiate sunshine."

"They serve like a mockery in way of reality because they think everything is smiles and sweetness and flowers, when there is something bitter to taste. And to pretend there isn't is foolish"

"Where the fuck's my lighter? My brother Wesley gave it to me... just before he committed suicide. It's funny. He's the only one who had no sexual interest in me. All my other brothers did."

"I had fun, but I didn't really have anyone i particularly loved except for loving friends. But I have a certain amount of faith that it will come."

"Edie Sedgwick was a bright social butterfly whose candle of fame burned brightly at both ends."

No comments:

Post a Comment